Tuesday, February 28, 2006

First university day

Yesterday was our first official day at uni. That means: HCI lecture.
Dave, who is teaching the lesson, is a really relaxed and funny guy, so I think it will be ok. Even though I have the feeling that this semester will not be the most interesting one I've ever had. In the HCI course we have a strong focus on Web usability, and (surprise, surprise) thats what we have already learned about last semester. Well.. But as we also have to do a project there, we could find something interesting to research/program for that.

The most exciting thing about the lecure was probably the Fire alarm. At first we were not sure about it, but as the alarm was speaking to us ("This is a fire alarm, please leave the building immediately"), we knew what to do. We packed our stuff, left the windows and door open and strolled outside. Three cars of the Fire Brigade arrived. They had about the same pace than we had, and after a few minutes they left. And we went on with our lecture.
(Alex has taken some pictures by the way..)

And as it was the first day of O week, we went to check out the evening program. We were watching the movie (Serenity) and went to the Hillcrest Tavern. And I have to say: they don't know a lot about partying: The bar closed at 12pm (!!).

Oh, I made bread yesterday, too. But as I had to leave for the cinema, it is not as cooked as it should probably be ;-)

Current mood: relaxed

6 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Serenity. My favourite character is Kaywinnit Lee Frye (aka Kaylee the mechanic). If you like it too, I strongly recommend the 15 episodes of Firefly [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/] which is the (cancelled) tv-show the movie is based on.

*you can't take the sky from me* jule_

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger manooh said...

Yes, they said that it is based on a series! (but couldn't remember the name..)

Serenity strongly reminded me of The Matrix, the way they are fighting for example. It was nice to watch though..
And it calls for a second part, doesn't it?

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger njyo said...

Welcome to uni life! :)

Heey, why didn't I get the link to your blog? :(
But I guess I'll forgive you since you sent me this really surprising post card. Yay! Thanks. :)

Hope you have a nice stay down there. Hope you will be able to feel good most of the time and also that you have some time to travel around so that I'll get the promised nice pictures.

Have fun!
_Wolf

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger manooh said...

Hej Wolf :-)

May I post one ICQ history entry:
----------
manooh, 07.01.2006 23:19 :
http://noohzealand.blogspot.com
danke nochmal für den tipp :-)
----------

So I have told you about the blog!
Don't blame me ;-)

manu

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger njyo said...

g'ah!
damn history... I don't have that. ;P

_W

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger manooh said...

hmm.. could be a connection problem. I reread the history, and you did not answer specifically to my statement. so it might not have reached you.

whatever, now you know :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home