Monday, February 20, 2006

Sunny day, burnt feet

Today is a very sunny and warm day. And I had incredibly good idea to go outside without shoes on. The effect: blisters on my feet :-|
Well, one has to try before one believes :-))

Yesterday we were invited to Jackie's and Tim's place. Quite a lot of people vom the Computer Science department were there (I can't remember all the names..).
It was BBQ again. Unfortunately the Kiwis seem to be meat-eaters par excellence. They had quite a lot of salad and fried vegetables though, so there was a lot of vegan food to eat. And I brought a pack of veggie-sausages, and most of them tried them (as they could not tell that they were meat-less *hehe*).

The house has one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. We were there just before the sunset, it was incredible.
I'll post some more pics as soon as I have them all sorted out, until then I have one in my panorama set at Flickr.

Current mood: just normal

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I envy you for the sun and warmth I had to laugh when I read this entry: I had the exact same experience when I was in Penzence/Britain 11 years ago walking to the beach barefoot over hot concrete.

Your social life seems to be in a good condition with all the BBQ and flat-mates and campus tours =)

Greetings from the cold part of the planet!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger manooh said...

Well, yeah, maybe I learn out of it. Concrete and asphalt are not the best things to your feet. I'll try the grass next to it next time :-)

Social life is nice up till now, you are right. Hopefully this does not change. Ok, the food could change maybe..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home