Thursday, March 09, 2006

Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Manuela Hutter, Master of Science?

Maybe most of the Austrians reading have heard about the title change thing going on in Austria. I mean, it is a good thing that the Bachelor is called a Bachelor, and those studying a Master's degree recieving a Master degree. But, how the f*** do I have to write my title then??

I have this Diploma Engineer thingy already (ugly title), I would have got another one of that type in a year. That would then be:

  • Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Manuela Hutter, or hopefully
  • DI (FH) DI (FH) Manuela Hutter, or maybe even
  • 2DI(FH) Manuela Hutter
But now? Is it:
  • Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Master of Science Manuela Hutter, better
  • DI(FH) MSc Manuela Hutter, or the other way round
  • Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Manuela Hutter, Master of Science, in short
  • DI(FH) Manuela Hutter, MSc
Any better suggestions??

I guess I'll stick to
  • Manuela Hutter
as long as possible..

ps: the most confusing PDF I've ever read is this

4 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Blogger njyo said...

Well, I'd go for one of these three options (prioritised):
* Manuela Hutter (since nobody cares about titles to the MSc except title-f*cking german speakers)
* [DI (FH)]² Manuela Hutter (just for the sake of it)
* Manuela Hutter, MSc (I guess I'll use that one if I have to)

I mean it's really just the Austrians and Germans that are so fond of their titles. Usually nobody even cares as long as you don't have a PhD. Here in Sweden they don't even use that. Ok, there is one more group: MBAs... but they are just annoying. So use just your name and otherwise adding the most valuable title should be sufficient. Hey, is there a MSc without a BSc? I mean they should also write "John Doe, BSc. MSc." :)

_W

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger manooh said...

True. But isn't DI(FH) and MSc worth the same in Austria? Well, as long as I don't have to use the titles, I won't use them. But: I made the experience already that sometimes you get faster answers to requests if you write your title. Unfortunately.

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

engl. titles at the end of the name!
So, if you want to use both titles:

DDI (FH) Manuela Hutter

or

DI(FH) Manuela Hutter, MSc

or

Manuela Hutter, PhD *


Mister Wisenheimer, PipiHD himself!!!


*
BSc is 1 point
MSc is 2 points
PhD is 4 points

So just add them, 2 BScs are 1 MSc, 2 MSc oder 4 BSc are 1 PhD and so on. That's how it should be done ;)

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger manooh said...

cool. I would then go for the following:
"Manuela Hutter, four points - Manuela Hutter, quatre points"

hehe.. I start liking this..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home