Thursday, March 23, 2006

My friend the Kathmandu

Today was the BIG shopping day. We, Alex and me, spent quite a bit of money at the Kathmandu store here in Hamilton. It was the start of the big clearance sale, with bargains up to minus 60%. Our day to get all the stuff we thought we could need someday. All the things that I bought had 50 to 60% discount :-)

That's what I got:
  • sleeping bag. The best synthetic bag they have there, minus 60% for members (what we are)
  • an extra compression sack (that one was not reduced, I fear ;-))
  • rucksack. for 50 liters I guess.
  • cotton liner
  • microfibre towel
  • monocular
  • mini tripod
All in all I spent 250$ today..

Back home we had to try out if the sleeping bag is really compressable. We heard different things about it, but the Kathmandu person told us that it will work. And she was right! It is compressable. NICE :-)

Oh yeah, Alex checked the quality of the bag. Very hot, he said..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home