Saturday, March 04, 2006

Do you festival?

We (Alex and me) just came home from tonight's concerts, and it was just awesome! Tonight it was the day for the headliner, which was Bomfunk MC's, with OdESSA as opening act.

First surprise: almost any people. Nobody interested in those groups, it seems. And in fact there were NO people in front of the stage when OdESSA started. I went there right away and started dancing - there has to be at least someboy to support them, right?

And it turned out to be a really nice concert. They are actually my favorite O week band until now. They definitely win in the categories:
  • best vocals
  • best dancing performance
  • most favored music genre

Then it was Bomfunk MC's time, the guys from Finland. I was kind of prejudiced about what I am going to hear. Techno-HipHop mix, what is that gonna be like?? Only two DJ's on stage? But: they surprised me with quite nice songs and a good performance. And: they were quite many people: drummer, guitar player, bassist, keyboarder, singer and DJ. They win the category:
  • best guitar player

I liked one moment in the concert, where the singer asked the crowd: "Do you festival?". Nobody really knew what to answer, and it was quiet. Hihi..

The weired part
Almost at the end of the concert, the singer of OdESSA comes to the place in the crowd where I stand and thanks me for dancing at the beginning of their concert! The band was amazed by the fact that one would have enough courage to stand on the empty floor and start dancing (quote: "you made our evening"). I told him that I enjoyed the concert and wanted to know if they sell CD's. He went off and gave me one for free!!

After the concert, we somehow started to talk with some of the band members, and after about an hour of talking we even went with them into the backstage room. The Bomfunkers were also there. We had a really nice chat, and somehow we managed to impress them enough that the bassist gave us his number and invited us to stay at his place if we should ever come to Wellington. Pretty sweet!!
.. and I have all the autographs on the CD, written with a marker that comes off when you touch it. I guess I have to take a picture before it is gone (and no, I did not ask for the autographs, the singer offered them to me).

2 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger njyo said...

BIG UP!

:D

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger manooh said...

Hehe, yesss!!
I also tried to remember my 3-sentences knowledge of Finnish when I talked to the bassist of the Bomfunk MC's *gg*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home