Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Lucky lucky, I'm so lucky!

WOW.

You can learn and experience a lot by not going to university. Not that I want to promote that lifestyle now (I feel really bad about being so lazy at the moment), but today was just so amazing.

Did I tell you about Tobias already? Probably not.
Tobias is a CouchSurfer from Germany. He stayed at our place for 2 nights - my first real life couch surfing experience ;-)
Today it was time to say goodbye, and I brought him to the north of the city, so that it would be easier for him to hitchhike.

After that, I went back to the city center to meet Chrisu, an Austrian couch surfer who had contacted me recently. Our couch was "booked", but we agreed to meet for a coffee/tea/whatever. We did not find a place that was good enough for us (hehe), and so we then went to the place where he had stayed for the last night, so that Chrisu could get all his stuff and would not have to carry it all the way to the city center (I have got a car, you know..).

This place was very cool (Unfortunately I did not have my camera(s) with me..). It is one of the oldest houses in Hamilton (over 100 years, they said), kind of crappy inside, but with a lot of positive energy. All of the people there are musicians/artists, and you can definitely feel that when you enter the house.

Met vegan in Hamilton
One of the guys, Justin, was actually a vegan raw food eater, and I enjoyed to talk with him about it. As some of you might not know, I have been eating raw for a couple of months, about 2 years ago I think. At the end, Justin invited us to stay for lunch, and I couldn't refuse that. I have to say: it was amazing! We had raw bread (which you can actually buy in the organic store here), various sprouts, raw hummus, cucumber salad, sea weed, different flakes and spices, and some coconut stuff - and a bunch of other things I can't remember at the moment. It was a very colorful and fulfilling lunch - Chris, you would have become raw foodist again right away :-))
My part of the lunch was the Indian cucumber salad, and the hedgehog-shaped mango as a desert. Justin told me that they have a potluck every week, and he invited me to join them. (YEAH!)


Oh, and I learned something today: there are (non-vegan) people in this world who think that being vegan is hip (thanks, Sam :-)).


On a day like this I feel very lucky. Without planning, good things are showing up, as if I would be a magnet for them. Hopefully I am not stealing other peoples luck..

Current mood: relaxed, but tired

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home