Monday, July 03, 2006

Arrived in Christchurch

First visit to the South Island!

Alex and I left Hamilton Thurdsay morning (8am was the plan, but we finally left at 10pm..) to Wanganui, where we picked up Reinhard and continued driving down to Wellington. I have slept most of the way down, partly because I haven't slept the night before (unsuccessful attempt to finish my project) and partly because I just get very very tired in cars (ask Sigi and Christian what I did most of the time on our way from Copenhagen back to Austria).

Then we stayed in Wellington for 2 days, met the 3 other guys (Daragh, Graeme, Primosz) and did a bit of sightseeing. Was a good time (did a lot of sleeping, too ;-)). We have been to the World Press Photo exhibition, which was really moving, and were to Te Papa, the national museum.

Our ferry to the South Island went Sunday morning, and the time on the boat was just great! The weather was phantastic, and it was so beautiful sitting outside, enjoying the sun and looking at the great country. The rest of the day was basically driving again, with a stop in Kaikoura to enjoy the landscape. From this spot, you can see the lake and the mountans (with snow on top) going up right from there. Amazing!

The rest of the time I did a lot of sleeping (the car effect), so I don't really know what happened on the way to Christchurch. After check-in, we went for a small tour around the city, and guess what: when we crossed the first road, there was a bus waiting in the lane. And the people in the bus were the people I wanted to meet while I am in Christchurch!! They recognized me (fortunately), and we had a little chat in the middle of the road. Great :-))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home