Saturday, July 08, 2006

Christchurch

This was a busy week. We are in Christchurch since Sunday evening, and the 3-day HCI workshop started Monday morning. A lot of it we have heard again, and we again had to deal with personas, scenarios, paper prototyping and all that stuff. But it was fine, and Mark, the organizer, was really helpful with everything. In the evenings/nights, I was basically writing on my report that was due one and a half weeks ago, and I finally managed to "finish" it today. Anyway. Thursday and Friday was HCI conference. I did like it, but I was distracted by working on my report, so I didn't pay too much attention to all of the talks.. And I was very sleepy.
The food was quite nice, they have an Indian/Chinese place where I could get food, and most of the place have some vegan food. The 101 cafe was great, they have a few vegan things (even cake), and it is labelled! I liked that :-)

Tonight I was going out with some Animal Rights people in town, we were supposed to meet at a Chinese Restaurant at 7. Already late, I saw that one of the warning lights in the car was on. I showed it to Alex and Reinhard, but nobody knew what it was. After almost one hour of trying to find out more, I asked Graeme (the Englisch guy) to bring me there, and so I finally was there and could get some decent food.

After that, Sacha and I were going out in town. Awesome concert in the Dux de Lux, the power went off for a minute 3 times, but they managed to even make a good show then. After that, we went to an Iris pub live band :-))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home