Thursday, April 06, 2006

Balloons over Waikato

It's balloon time!
I went to university short before 8am today, and I counted 12 balloons up there in the sky. They were not directly above my head, so I guess that there were even more than a dozen. The big show, the NightGlow, will be going on on Saturday. Basically all people from the area will come and get together around the lake. Streets will be closed, and extra bus transport is arranged.

I hope that Alex will take some fantastic pictures of it. Because I decided not to go there. I will go to Auckland again to finally buy a second pair of shoes (hopefully, because my current pair is starting go become smelly, and I cannot even wash them without having something else to wear in the meantime), organize a few things and attend a demo. Had this idea to involve the kids by making chalk drawings on the floor. This will not be possible due to Auckland City regulations, and so it will be drawings on paper instead. Still I have to see how my idea works out.. And anyways, helping to make this world a better place is more important than glowing balloons, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home